On Thursday evening (Eastern United States Time) we will be deploying a new release of MIT App Inventor (version nb156).
This is a non-component release, which means that there is no new version of the MIT AI2 Companion to download or update. The major change is a significant upgrade of our Blocks Editor.
You are welcome to test the new blocks editor on our test system. To learn more about testing Read this Blog post.
- Added the ability to zoom the workspace in/out. Zooming gestures include:
- Click the +/- buttons in the lower left corner above the trashcan.
- Ctrl+Mouse wheel on a mouse.
- Multi-touch trackpad users with Chrome, zooming can also be done with the pinch/expand gesture.
- Added the ability to pan the workspace. Panning gestures include:
- Mouse wheel up/down will pan the view vertical.
- Wheels with 2-dimensional scrolling can also pan left/right.
- Multi-touch trackpad users can pan in two dimensions using two-finger scrolling.
- Added Reset to center button will set the zoom back to 1:1 and move to the center of the blocks workspace.
- Added workspace grid. Right-clicking (Ctrl+Click on Mac) on the workspace brings up a context menu with "Enable Workspace Grid" option. This option is a user setting and will persist across workspaces and across App Inventor sessions.
- Added workspace snapping. If the grid is enabled, another menu option "Enable Snap to Grid" will be available. Enabling this option will make the top-left corner of blocks snap to the nearest grid point. This option is a user setting and will persist across workspaces and across App Inventor sessions.