App Inventor requires Java
If you already have Java installed, or if you are not sure, proceed to the Java Web Start Verification below. If you are sure you do not already have Java installed, follow the instructions on Oracle's Java Installation page.
Attention Mac users: The Oracle Java page says that Java does not work with the Chrome browser on the Mac. This appears to be false, you should be able to use Java 7 and App Inventor on the Mac with Chrome.
Java Web Start Verification
Computer and operating system
- Macintosh (with Intel processor): Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- GNU/Linux: Ubuntu 8 or higher, Debian 5 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Note: If you are using Firefox with the NoScript extension, you'll need to turn the extension off. See the note on the troubleshooting page.
- Apple Safari 5.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher