Installing App Inventor Setup on Mac OS X
App Inventor Classic • App Inventor Classic • FOR APP INVENTOR 2 CLICK HERE• App Inventor Classic • App Inventor Classic
App Inventor consists of several different parts that work together. These parts live in various places: on MIT's servers, on your computer, and on your phone. To install the parts that run on your computer, download and run App Inventor Setup. This document tells you how to do that.
- Download the installer.
- Double-click AppInventorSetup.pkg to start the installer.
- Click continue.
- Read and accept the software license agreement.
- On the Standard Install screen, click Install. Don't change the install location
- If asked, enter your password to confirm that you really want to install software. Click OK.
- The installer confirms that the App Inventor Setup package was installed.
Locating the Setup Software
In most cases, App Inventor should be able to locate the installed software on its own. But if it asks you to type in the location to look for it, the path name to enter is
Something not working right? Visit the troubleshooting page, or check the App Inventor User Forum for help.