Welcome to the MIT App Inventor Open Source Release
This is where you will find documentation to help you build and work with the App Inventor Source Code.
MIT App Inventor Documents
- App Inventor Developer Overview
- How to build App Inventor from MIT Sources
- App Inventor developer Glossary
- Developing App Inventor using git and github
- Eclipse for App Inventor
- How to Add A Component
- How to Add a Property to a Component
- How to Add a Built-In Library Block
- The Browser Client
- Annotation Processors
Where to find help
Join the conversation in the Open Source Development Google group.
We are working on a Contributor Agreement at this point, and we will also publish soon a document with guidelines. In the meantime, before sending a Pull Request, please make sure you have gone through all the points in the following checklist:
- Does your code work on Android version 1.5?
- Did you create unit tests for your changes?
- Did you run all tests?
- Did you pull in the latest changes from the repository master branch?
- Did you rebase your commit to the master branch?
- Have you put up an instance and a buildserver running your code, so a reviewer can try it?
- Have you provided a reviewer with a demonstration app (source and apk)? If any of the previous points does not apply to your particular contribution, please state so in the comments of the request.